It is my daughter Ellies 18th birthday soon and I have no idea where the years have gone. As a coach and lover of all things personal development I LOVE kickass quotes and inspirational stories. I share them with Ellie (and anyone else who will listen) but as a teenager who knows EVERYTHING, she tends to just roll her eyes at me.
I thought I would share some of my favourite inspirational quotes on my blog and dedicate this post to Ellie, my gorgeous amazing daughter.
But before I share them I want to tell her and everyone who reads this how proud I am of her.
For a year or so, during those difficult “teenage years” there were times when I wondered what I had done to deserve such a moody child!!
I wasn’t that bad!
But thankfully the door slamming days are a thing of the past.
Well, they are from Ellie, unfortunately, my son William has started to take his frustration out on the doors now!
This time next year she will be going off to university. She is intelligent, sensible (mostly) and confident. She has the world at her feet and the best years of her life in front of her.
As a Mother, there is so much that I want to warn her about (and I will…, several times before she goes) but I know she has to make her own mistakes and learn how own lessons.
So Ellie, if I can persuade you to read this remember that I love you more than you will ever understand (until you have children of your own) and your dad and I are unbelievably proud of you! xxx
Here are a few of my favourite kickass quotes for kickass women:
- Perseverance is failing nineteen times and succeeding the twentieth – Julie Andrews
- Life’s a bitch. You’ve got to go out and kick ass – Maya Angelou
- You only live once but if you do it right, once is enough – Mae West
- A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. – Coco Chanel
- Always remember you’re unique, just like everyone else. – Alison Boulter
The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me – Ayn Rand
- Success is getting what you want, happiness is wanting what you get – Ingrid Bergman
- Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? – Caroline Myss
- One of the most courageous things you can do is identify yourself, know who you are, what you believe in and where you want to go. – Sheila Murray Bethel
- Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn’t – Erica Jong
- The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off – Gloria Steinem
- The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any – Alice Walker
Courage is like a muscle, we strengthen it with use – Ruth Gordon
If you look at what you have in life,
You’ll always have more.
If you look at what you don’t have in life,
You’ll never have enough.
- A woman is like a tea bag: you cannot tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water – Nancy Reagan
- Figure out who you are separate from your family, and the man or woman you’re in a relationship with. Find who you are in this world and what you need to feel good alone. I think that’s the most important thing in life. Find a sense of self because, with that, you can do anything else – Angelina Jolie
- It is only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on Earth and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up that we will begin to live each day to the fullest as if it were the only one we had. – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking
So that other people won’t feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.
We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It’s not just in some of us, it is in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,
we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.
– Marianne Williamson.